One simple tip to make you more confident
Do you sometimes wish you were just a bit more confident?
I get it. I spent many, many, many years with incredibly low self confidence and with so much doubt in my choices.
I have spent a lot of time working on that and researching it – I’ve studied neuroscience, the science of human behaviour, trained as a coach etc so that, over the last 10 years, I could help others to gain more confidence and empower themselves to create a life they love.
So, I want to give you ONE tip (don’t want to overwhelm you with too many tips!!!) to help you on the road to achieving the things that you are working on at the moment with more confidence and it’s a lovely simple one… drum roll please….
…It is the art of receiving compliments!
We are generally not very good at it – it took me a long time to get better at it but it doesn’t have to feel icky and it doesn’t have to take you that long to master I promise. Trust me, when you start to get better at it you will start to see things differently. It’s not easy sometimes, I know.
Is there something that you are working on that would improve if you had more confidence?
Watch this week’s video to learn how to start receiving compliments with power and grace and how it will increase your confidence.
Three things are happening, either;
- You don’t hear the compliment: Maybe in a team meeting or at an event and you are so busy or distracted or not feeling confident about the next thing you are going to say. So you just don’t hear it when someone says ‘Wow, what a great job you did’ ‘That was fantastic’ etc.
- You hear it and dismiss it: You know that time when someone says ‘I love what you are wearing’ and you come back with ‘Oh, this old thing!’ Or in a work context; ‘Thanks but it was a team effort’, or ‘Thank you but I couldn’t have done it without X’
- You hear it, you don’t dismiss it, but you forget it!: Duh!
I challenge you this week to record three compliments that you receive.
There are 3 things you need to do:
- Hear it. Actually listen for it
- Accept it. Simply say ‘thank you’. Only ‘thank you’. OK, say ‘thank you very much’ if you really want to!
- WRITE IT DOWN, in your own personal compliments diary!
You can then go back to said diary when you need to remember them. If you are feeling out of your comfort-zone, or out of your depth or you just need a confidence boost. It’s something you can re-read again and again when you need it.
And, as always, let me say thank you to YOU. I am grateful for you! Thank you for letting me be a part of your day. I challenge you to hear your compliments this week. Let me know how you go – reply here or DM me on Insta or LinkedIn. Thank you for being a part of my world.
PS: If you want to create unshakeable confidence in your life then book in a free call and let me see how we can help you get more of what you want out of this one wild, precious, life you’re living.